At The Populist we firmly believe that dining is a communal act. Owners Jonathan Power, Noah Price, and Cliff White strive to emphasize this philosophy at every turn. From the numerous community tables to the nature and construction of the dishes on the menu: sharing your environment and your food is emphatically supported. Chef Power presents a regularly changing lineup of New American small plates that both excite and challenge diners. An approachable but nuanced wine list brings excellent bottles from lesser known winemakers to the table. And the cocktail list --featuring both classic and contemporary variations-- drives home the point that this intimate eatery seeks to provide a unique and memorable experience in the burgeoning Denver dining scene.
Come on in! We set aside a significant portion of our seats every night, including our community tables, bar, and patio for walk-in guests, who will be seated on a first-come, first-served, first-complete party basis. Please speak with the host at the door, who will either seat you immediately or put you on the evening's wait list. Please keep in mind the following tips if you are planning on walking in:
- Immediate walk-in availability is greatest before 6:00 or after 8:30
- If you are walking in during the prime dinner hours of 6:00-8:30 please understand & expect possible extended wait times.
- We seat walk-ins on a first-come, first-served, first-complete party basis.
- If you are a party of 7+ guests we strongly encourage reservations.
We do take a limited number of reservations each evening for parties of 1 to 8 people. Please make your reservation through OpenTable below, or call our host at 720-432-3163.
If you are interested in dining as a larger party of 9 to 16 people we can host your group in our Piano Room! The room is yours from 5:00 until 8:00. We do require a minimum of food & beverage purchase of $600 (not including tax+gratuity), as well as a credit card to secure the spot. Any additional hours (or portion thereof) required beyond the three is an additional $200/hour food & beverage purchase price. Please email emily[at]thepopulistdenver.com for details and availability.
• The Populist is available for private events for parties of up to 65 people. Please note this requires a buy-out of the restaurant for the evening with a minimum two-month lead time. Please email emily[at]thepopulistdenver[dot]com to get more detailed information. Please include your desired date and number of people.
• Professional photography at The Populist requires prior approval from ownership. If you are interested in organizing a photo shoot please email emily[at]thepopulistdenver[dot]com.
For inquiries and information please email: info [at] thepopulistdenver.com
GIFT CERTIFICATES ARE AVAILABLE IN PERSON OR BY PHONE.